Insalata di tonno (Tuna Salad)
Insalata di Tonno (Tuna Salad)
This recipe is fast and easy to make. It can be made for a late snack or a light dish meal. I did not use extra olive oil but it can be added to taste. I did not use salt but it can be added to taste.
No cooking just preparation.
Serving as I prepared, is for 2 people, double the ingredients for 4.
- 1 can of tuna in olive oil (Italian from Sicily my preferred)
- 15 cherry tomatoes cut in 2 or 4 pieces
- Extra of virgin olive oil to taste (optional)
- ½ medium red onion finely minced
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Italian parsley to taste (optional) to garnish
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- Slice the onion
- Cut cherry tomato in 2 or for pieces (your choice)
- In a large bowl add onion, tuna and tomatoes
- Mix well
- Adjust with salt, pepper, and olive to taste
- Serve immediately garnishing the dish with minced parsley (optional)
- To your preference, you can add black olives, hard-boiled eggs, chickpeas, green beans
- Buon appetito (enjoy your meal)